Sunday, November 9, 2008

Taking a moment to look at the big picture.....

I shared yesterday with my daughter Sara. At Time Out For Women and Girls.
We sat with some of our very favorite people; Jean Harper and two of her lovely granddaughters. The speakers and performers were Awesome.
I am always thrilled that I walk away from any one of these events feeling as though I was meant to be there. But yesterday, was all for me. I needed all of it. I wasn't looking to get answers, I didn't even want them. I was just making an attempt at being a good mom. But yet everything that was said was what I was starving for. I see now that over the past many months I have let myself slip into a state that I was becoming very complacent with my life. I was looking for an escape.
I think that I may have just needed to have my hand held and showed the right direction again.
I needed reminded what I am here for, what the big picture is. If left to flounder on my own, I flounder very very well. Once again, I see that I am not alone, and that there is direction and purpose and love. Not that I can fix my mid life crisis by spending a few hours with others, but I am grateful for the life reminder. I feel like I am facing the right direction this morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So wish I could have been there to spend the day with you my friend. But I am so glad that you had your cup filled. I think you are an amazing woman and an amazing mom and I miss you.