Saturday, May 3, 2008

Children laughing has to be the very closest thing to angels singing.
I love to hear giggles and belly laughs.
Nothing is so refreshing and wonderful. You can't help but smile.
How lucky we are to have our little ones in our lives.

I took my children to the library this morning. We had movies to
return, and I love to look for a good book.
But Mark found the book of choice today.
He did it quietly, I did not know he was looking for it,
but we were all so thrilled to have it in our
home again after so many years.
"Piggie Pie" by Margie Palatini
Yep we all took turns reading it out loud to each other.
We love this book. I think I need to let Santa know!!!
Now that we have no little tikes, I guess I had forgotten
how grand it is to read silly things to my family.
We are huge on reading, we love a good book on cd
(the second 'Leven Thumps' is in the car, for after school
listening, right now).
We read so many books each year.
Last summer Meg read all the Magic Tree House books,
this summer she is working on the American Girl books.
Mark is working his way through Harry Potter and
the Twilight books (he was put in a reading group with all
girls, they picked the reading agenda).
Jessette reads more books than anyone I have ever known.
It is a passion. I do love it also. I am trying to get Emmaly
to read "Mr. Darcie's Diary", a very good read!!!
Two of my favorite last reads have been
"Remembering Wholeness" by Carol Tuttle
and "The Peacegiver" by James Farrell.
Two life changing books, I think every one should read them both.
I am thankful for the passion that my family shares for reading.
We are truly blessed to have books so readily available to us.

Don't get me wrong, I think my kids love the wii most of all!!!

No comments: